You can reverse everythig in 2010

Go down

You can reverse everythig in 2010

Post  Admin on Sun May 23, 2010 12:12 pm

My favorite tactic right now is getting full mount and reversing the CPU's escapes. Or getting the takedown to halfguard and then reversing to full mount. Practice your timing and you can end fights within a minute of the 1st round on expert.

The other thing I practice a lot is the take down reversal. I can't tell you how often in 2009 how predictable people were with their takedowns and I would reverse all of them.

Happy Playing guys.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 29
Join date : 2010-05-21

View user profile http://canadiantopteam.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: You can reverse everythig in 2010

Post  ufc rules 24 on Sun May 23, 2010 2:46 pm

yea i know get mount hold r3 to the right(i think) and he cant get out of it all you have to do is hit him hold r3 and hit again ETC.

ufc rules 24

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You can reverse everythig in 2010

Post  Aidsrian on Sun May 23, 2010 4:43 pm

Sorry, I'm not much of a ground guy....it's a flick that you reverse with? And I've been playing with butterfly guard with Shogun, anyone have tips on using that? (This is why I work on defending the takedown haha)

Aidsrian

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You can reverse everythig in 2010

Post  Admin on Sun May 23, 2010 5:57 pm

Yah butterfly guard is how to sink in the triangle choke then switch subs to arm bar and tap your opponent out.

Admin
Admin

Posts : 29
Join date : 2010-05-21

View user profile http://canadiantopteam.niceboards.net

Back to top Go down

Re: You can reverse everythig in 2010

Post  HandiKillah on Sun May 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Aidsrian wrote:Sorry, I'm not much of a ground guy....it's a flick that you reverse with? And I've been playing with butterfly guard with Shogun, anyone have tips on using that? (This is why I work on defending the takedown haha)
Yes, you reverse with flick. my favorite is reversing throws, no more direction-specific bullshit.

Butterfly guard is extremely useful for landing some punishment to start cuts and to gain stam/energy back. hoping that post-demo you can sink BFLYG in from any positiion, because i hate having to let my opponent pass to halfguard before i can use it. you can also sink omoplatas in from BFLYG, never tapped the cpu from one though Crying or Very sad
avatar
HandiKillah

Posts : 21
Join date : 2010-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You can reverse everythig in 2010

Post  Aidsrian on Mon May 24, 2010 1:56 am

I think you flick down in the clinch for a reverse and I've had a bit of success on ground reversals but any tips on when to time them? I get a few but most of the time I just work on transitioning out and I know reversals will be huge cause I won't be making a ground fighter. And I'm guessing the direction of the flick is important? Hopefully, when the game is out I'll just get it down from the tutorial and playing actual people, but for now I need tips Razz. Greatly, appreciated.

Aidsrian

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You can reverse everythig in 2010

Post  UND1SPUTED on Mon May 24, 2010 3:09 am

is there a rubberguard in this game if so i can not find out how to do it and how do you do butterfly guard i never mess the the bjj guys really cause llyoto is gay and so is sho gun rua lol
avatar
UND1SPUTED

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-05-24
Age : 28
Location : San Diego, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You can reverse everythig in 2010

Post  Aidsrian on Mon May 24, 2010 1:13 pm

UND1SPUTED wrote:is there a rubberguard in this game if so i can not find out how to do it and how do you do butterfly guard i never mess the the bjj guys really cause llyoto is gay and so is sho gun rua lol

Only a few guys can do rubber guard and none are in the demo. For butterfly, I responded to your other post and I know with shogun in half guard you do a can minor transition holding L1 into butterfly. I don't think anyone else in the demo has it but I haven't tried with the others. Just check the action list when in half guard (bottom of course).

Aidsrian

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You can reverse everythig in 2010

Post  HandiKillah on Mon May 24, 2010 2:44 pm

Aidsrian wrote:I think you flick down in the clinch for a reverse and I've had a bit of success on ground reversals but any tips on when to time them? I get a few but most of the time I just work on transitioning out and I know reversals will be huge cause I won't be making a ground fighter. And I'm guessing the direction of the flick is important? Hopefully, when the game is out I'll just get it down from the tutorial and playing actual people, but for now I need tips Razz. Greatly, appreciated.
Thankfully the timing window for reversals is MUCH wider than it was in 2009. I've found typically that timing reversals close to the END of a transition attempt rather than right at the beginning a la 2009 gets me the reversal, just watch the animation and wait for a sort of "flex" and then flick.

Lemme know if this works for you Smile
avatar
HandiKillah

Posts : 21
Join date : 2010-05-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You can reverse everythig in 2010

Post  Aidsrian on Mon May 24, 2010 3:07 pm

I'm trying against expert Rashad but all he does is punch. Since I'm trying to practice, all I do is flick it often and wait till he tries to move but I never get it. I feel so dumb because I can do everything else and flicking isn't my problem because I like to use sway a lot. So no holding L1 or anything? What direction do I flick? Does the left stick effect it at all? Thanks again for all the help. I've gotten a few before but it was mostly luck.

Edit: Haha I reversed a suplex for the first time but it was luck Smile

Aidsrian

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You can reverse everythig in 2010

Post  hd1a32b on Wed May 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Aidsrian wrote:I'm trying against expert Rashad but all he does is punch. Since I'm trying to practice, all I do is flick it often and wait till he tries to move but I never get it. I feel so dumb because I can do everything else and flicking isn't my problem because I like to use sway a lot. So no holding L1 or anything? What direction do I flick? Does the left stick effect it at all? Thanks again for all the help. I've gotten a few before but it was mostly luck.

Edit: Haha I reversed a suplex for the first time but it was luck Smile

Expert comp reads what buttons ur holding.

for example, as SOON as you tap head punch, it will automatically headblock. so if ur just WAITING in the ground, hes gona throw punches. if ur gonna spam transitoin, hes gonna spam hold, etc. its very hard to work around the computer.

Flicking is actually way easier than in 2009, its just flick to the right or left with the R stick when the transition animation starts. its way more effective in online matches than agaisnt comp so it's easier to note that your actually reversing rather than it being luck.


BTW, is reversing a suplex also the same flick? i fought someone online who nailed it everytime

hd1a32b

Posts : 11
Join date : 2010-05-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You can reverse everythig in 2010

Post  Aidsrian on Wed May 26, 2010 9:45 pm

Yeah I flicked when I reversed it, no idea what direction it was though.

Aidsrian

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You can reverse everythig in 2010

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum